Goldn, LLC © 2021 All rights reserved
Activity Assistant – Full Time
ACTIVITY ASSISTANT - FULL TIME
Job Title: Activity Assistant
Location: The Landing at Saco Bay – Saco, ME 04072
Hours: Full Time
We currently have an opening for a Full Time Activity Assistant. This position is responsible for assisting with and executing scheduled, meaningful activities appropriate to the needs and interests of residents that will benefit their physical, mental, and social well-being. The right person will be responsible for escorting residents on some of the recreational outings. Candidate should have good organizational skills and a working knowledge of computer Word program. Candidate will plan activities with the supervisor. Candidate must have the ability to direct and supervise volunteers.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
The following essential functions are the fundamental job duties of the position to be completed with or without appropriate reasonable accommodation.
- Leads assigned Activity programs
- Offers adequate and diversified recreational activities to residents with sufficient
- supervision for each activity.
- Develops programs for residents including, if applicable, programs designed for
- residents confined to their rooms.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
- Informs residents of upcoming activities and maintains a current schedule of events
- on the bulletin board.
- Greets new residents making a special effort to include and engage them in activities
- and introduce them to others in the community with similar interests and
- Assists in planning parties and activities as well as decorating the community
- according to the season and/or holiday throughout the years as well as planning
- monthly birthday parties to honor residents.
- Maintains records of all activities, resident participation levels and acceptance of each
- activity by residents as required by state law.
- Assists Activity Director in enlisting the services of volunteers to aid the activities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Must practice and abide by all confidentiality policies.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education or experience acceptable.
- Able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.